Re: alpha bug ???

From: Stefano Curtarolo (auro@nietzsche.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 13:11:44 EST

Hi Jan,

right now I was able to "temporary" patch the kernel in the followinw way:
1) keep eepro100.c as module
2) insmod eepro100 with the option of no-autonegotiation, and huge number
of packets during each interrupt. THis will slow the machine during
massive file-transfer, but this event is rare since the computer is used
for scientific research, mostly.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 08:09:30PM -0500, Stefano Curtarolo wrote:
> >
> > It seems that there is a conflict between the PCI IRQ and CPUS.
> > Can I manually change the irq assignment in the PCI boot, to avoid this
> > conflict ??
>
> Interrupt handling in an SMP kernel with more than 2 processors on a
> Tsunami-based machine (ie ES40) was broken until the later releases of
> Alan Cox's test1-acXX series. I believe the linux-2.4.0-test1-ac22 patches,
> and subsequent test2 and test3 sources have the necessary patches.
>
> Please try those out and see if the problem still occurs.

I will try and i will let you know....

THNX

Stefano