Re: PYXIS bug detection

From: Ivan Kokshaysky (ink@jurassic.park.msu.ru)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 14:51:29 EST

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:29:20PM +0100, Kurt Garloff wrote:
> So the workaround gets activated on all MIATAs, even the fixed ones (MIATA
> GL). On the other hand, it does not hurt to use 16/17 DMA segments instead
> of 4 segemnts for a 128k IDE DMA transfer.

No - for MIATA GL the flag should be cleared later, as Jay suggested,
in miata_map_irq():

- return COMMON_TABLE_LOOKUP;
+ irq = COMMON_TABLE_LOOKUP;
+ if (irq == 27) /* MIATA GL */
+ AVOID_DMA_OVER_8K_BOUNDARIES = 0;
+ return irq;
}

BTW, yet another idea: since the bug affects only scatter/gather DMA, what
if we'll disable sg windows completely on affected machines? ;-)
It would be generic fix, not only for bus mastering IDE.

Ivan.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-alpha" in