Re: PYXIS bug detection

From: Jay Estabrook (Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 14:59:11 EST

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 10:51:29PM +0300, Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:

> BTW, yet another idea: since the bug affects only scatter/gather DMA, what
> if we'll disable sg windows completely on affected machines? ;-)
> It would be generic fix, not only for bus mastering IDE.

That's what was done here for NT on MIATAs, IIRC; no S/G.

Does our Linux pci_iommu code failover to use direct correctly in all
the cases, ie not only map_single but (epecially) map_sg? Actually,
it's really only the latter that is necessary to check, as map_single
will always use direct when possible, and it should always be possible
on MIATA (because it can't have more than 2GB of memory).

--Jay++