Re: OSF/1 binaries

Craig Ruff (cruff@niwot.scd.ucar.EDU)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 13:05:25 -0700 (MST)

> Linus writes:
>
> I'd love to have dynamically linked binaries, and I'd personally be
> happy if we could have them compatible with the Digital UNIX way of
> doing things. But I don't see that as wery likely, due to nobody having
> the quivalent of /sbin/loader etc on linux.

I've started working on shared libraries. However, I hesitate to continue
further on reverse engineering the OSF/1 /sbin/loader and shared library
stuff due to my concerns on licensing issues. I haven't examined the OSF/1
license, but any clause about not reverse engineering things will kill my
effort dead. I plan on diging the license text up later today, but has
anyone else examined it?