Re: 2.2.{9,10} strangeness

Alexander V. Lukyanov (lav@yars.free.net)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 09:45:15 +0400

On Sat, Jun 19, 1999 at 07:20:48AM +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> I then tried several kernel versions, with and without ac patches. After
> backing out to 2.2.3, the problems disappeared...
>
> So my guess is that there is something fishy with kernels 2.2.x, starting with
> x around 4...

Since in my case 2.2.7 works fine, I start to suspect egcs. If I'm not
mistaken, my problems started after upgrade to redhat-6.0. I have also tried
latest egcs snapshot with the same bad results.

I'll try other combinations: egcs-1.1.2(plain) with 2.2.10 and latest
egcs with 2.2.7. Maybe it will help to localize the bug.

Alexander.