Re: First draft list of 2.3.x "Things to fix"

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 08:59:16 EST

On 5 Jan 2000, david parsons wrote:

> In article <linux.kernel.20000105022021.C920@pcep-jamie.cern.ch>,
> Jamie Lokier <lkd@tantalophile.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >More things:
> >
> >+ memory detection is broken and may be causing fs corruption
>
> There's a patch for memory detection floating around forlornly waiting
> to be stuffed into the kernel and/or tested by people who have had
> trouble with memory detection.
>
> (It works for me(tm), but I've only got about 20 different bioses in
> my box farm, and those bioses don't include some of the problematic
> toshiba and IBM bioses that have been insuffiently cooperative with
> the earlier version of the e820 patch.)

If those IBM bioses you're talking about are:

a.) IBM Thinkpad
b.) IBM PS/2
c.) IBM relatively new desktop-models

I have at least 2 of category a, a bunch of category b and 1 of category c
to test with...

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </