Tulip driver or the digital etherworks DE4x5?

From: Robert Johannes (rjohanne@rjohanne-host.dsl.visi.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:46:16 EST

I've the digital Etherworks DE500 network card, which is 10/100 based. I
realize there are two drivers for it; one is the generic tulip chipset
driver, which works for most DE 21140 chipsets, and then there's the
Etherworks driver, specifically written for DE500 card. I'm wondering
what the difference is in features and performance between the two. And
which one is actively being maintained?

thanks

robert