Re: BAD: reproducible lockup with SCSI + SOUND on 2.2 and 2.3: FIXED

From: Frank de Lange (frank@unternet.org)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 19:05:06 EST

Also sprach Alan Cox:
>The Triton 1 is generally ok. Im thus very reluctant to blacklist it like that. What
>Linux probably needs to do is frob with the peer concurrency and streaming (like turn em
>off)

'tWould be nicer, but I doubt whether this is enough. I haven't tried it
yet myself (but will do so shortly), but I have seen reports from others as
far back as 1998 who turned both concurrency as well as streaming off, to
no avail. The problems also are manifest not only in Linux, but in FreeBSD
and OpenBSD as well. Dunno about Windows (anyone?).

I'll have a got at tuning this thing (while I wait for my dual-processor
mega-memory box to be delivered), and will report any interesting finds.

Cheers//Frank

--
 ## o o\    /     Frank de Lange      \