Re: SCSI tape problem under 2.2.* (was: Re: Amanda SCSI Tape Problem...)

From: Steven Suson (suson@ionet.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 22:24:13 EST

I too am seeing this behavior, specifically with the 2.2.5 kernel. I
hadn't really considered it before as a kernel problem, as I am working
on a printer driver for a SCSI color plotter which emulates SCSI tape,
and I suspected the device. However I have definitely seen the things
like the behavior described (problems w/ even mt command, etc.).
However, note that I can no longer write to the device, but I can still
read from it.

Recently installed 2.2.14, and have enabled the DEBUG in st.c. If other
information is forthcoming, I will provide same.

Steve Suson
"Keep the faith."