Eicon diva isdn card

From: Bindinganavile, Vinuthananda (CTS) (vinu@rnd.cts-corp.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 04:14:23 EST

Hi all,

Firstly, wishing you all a great new year.

I have an Eicon Diva 2.01 ISDN card and using Redhat 6.1. I have also have
downloaded the isdn4linux utility. The card is being detected by Linux. The
interrupt is alloted(checked thru /proc/interrupts). Using some example
shell scripts which I found on the net I tried to test the card. But I was
not at all successful. If I give the command to dial from "isdnctrl" I just
get a "call triggered" reply and back to prompt. What does this mean. How
do I check data transfer?

1) Can I call up any normal telephone with this setup or has it necessarily
to be an ISP. I ask this bcoz I just want to test whether I can call using
the card and I donot intend to connect to any isp.
2) Should I use pppd or any other utility.
3) Is it possible to setup the device using gnome or kde without using
isdn4linux. Or can I use isdn4linux to set up the device and then call thru
"PPP dialer"

I am really desperate to set up this thing and am failing from the past 3
days. Any step by step instructions will be great.
I also glanced thru the isdn4linux faq but did not find any answer
suitable.

TIA nad regards,
Vinu