Re: USB Mouse wheel

From: Greg KH (greg@kroah.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 03:48:57 EST

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 08:19:15AM +0000, James wrote:

> One thing i've noticed:
>
> If i unplug the trackball it all starts going weird. I have to keep it
> connected to the same port, and sometimes have to unplug and replug it
> a couple of times before it works again (or is this normal and you're
> not supposed to unplug USB things whilst they're in use - sort of like
> PCMCIA)

That shouldn't happen. No, you are allowed to unplug a USB device
whenever you want to, the OS should handle it just fine. Are there any
strange messages printed out when you do this?

And what do you mean by "starts going weird"? Pointer jumping around?

And what kernel version are you using?

thanks,

greg k-h
greg@kroah.com