Re: [2.3.3x] ALI M15x3 chipset support (EXPERIMENTAL)

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 07:02:31 EST

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Luca Montecchiani wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using that driver without _any_ problem since 11 Nov 1999
> on K6-2 450 and P233 MMX with fine tuned UDMA disks.
>
> I don't feel however so EXPERIMENTAL ;)

Well, it's up to the maintainer of the driver to decide whether the
driver should be surrounded with if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y"] ...
clauses and flagged (EXPERIMENTAL), or not. There might be problems for
other combinations of hardware than yours, for instance. But if you
feel it's working fine, try to contact the author/maintainer, and maybe
he'll change the status.

/David Weinehall
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </