Re: to be cont: VIA MVP3 Chipset Problems with Busmastering

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 13:19:36 EST

Deti Fliegl wrote:

> Once again:
> > The only way to know for sure is to look on the motherboard itself. The
> > data from software can't be trusted.
>
> My motherboard #1 is a Atrend ATC-5200 with these chips
>
> VIA, VT82C598MVP, 9833CE TAIWAN, 13G022600
> VIA, VT82C586B, S7-SB, 9832CD TAIWAN, 12B014900
>
> The 2nd one ( I guess DFI K6BV3+ )is currently in my office - I will
> have a look on it on monday.
>
> Well I bought two different boards with via chipset and both are crap -
> this leads to trust in the future only in intel boards - which never
> caused so much trouble. I guess I am not the only one with these
> problems...

Given your experience that is certainly understandable... Just wanted
to add my Via MVP4 from AOpen, and my new Via Athlon motherboard both
seem flawless for me so far... And developing drivers on the MVP4
hasn't exactly been kind to the board either. :)

--
Jeff Garzik         | Another priceless gem from slashdot:
Building 1024       | "I use Mandrake for the same reason I flip the