Re: [ANNOUNCE] block device interfaces changes

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@tanstaafl.de)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 04:28:24 EST

root@chaos.analogic.com (Richard B. Johnson) writes:

>No. According to our Legal Department, to satisfy the GPL requirement
>that we provide source to the end-user, they required that we supply a
>"current" distribution of Linux if the end-user requests it.

My reading of GPL is, that it requires you to ship the source to the
binaries that you ship. If you ship a RH 2.1 based system with 1.2.13
kernel with tons of custom patches, it requires you to ship the source
to this. Not the source to RH6.1 featuring 2.3.39pre1.

You seem to have misread the GPL. Your fault.

        Regards
                Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen --             hps@tanstaafl.de
TANSTAAFL! Consulting - Unix, Internet, Security

Hutweide 15 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 "There ain't no such D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 thing as a free Linux"