IO remap

From: Drizzt (terron@arrakis.es)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:08:51 EST

Well, first I'm absoluty newbie in kernel progamming
I have compiling the nvidia resource manager under the 2.2.x series . The
code if for 2.0.x series.

I have made some changes, I think are correct.

First, The code use vremap / vfree to map the i/o space of the card into
kernel memory. If I have read correctly Documentation/IO-mapping.txt
under 2.2.x I have to use ioremap / iounmap and readx macros.
Is this correct?

Other changes are the get_user function. I have read some examples in source
code and chamges from

var = get_user( memory ref) to if ( get_user(var,mem_ref)) return -EFAULT;

The other change is VFS related. I have look at the source of the ext2fs, and
changed the driver acordly

Mostly the driver is used to work with the Riva TNT cards. I have some problems
with the module that use the DMA. It d3fines a new device and define
onlu mmap , open and close operations. Well, under 2.2.x series, the
operatrion is "release". I don't know if these to operation are compatible,
I only adapt the struct file_operations of the driver to use close ( and modify
the function to receive the corrects parameter).

Is these work correct?. Well, where I can find moro info about suporting DMA
in graphics card ? The bttv driver is a good example to look?.

Gracias
Saludos
Drizzt