RE: RAM Problem

From: nathan.zook@amd.com
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 11:56:01 EST

This is the sort of thing that the e820 report is designed to handle. Linux
2.2 assumes that all "high" memory is in one continuous chunk from 1 meg -
EOM. I one of my home systems has 32M, and I was running with 15M for
months before noticing the problem. Turn the 15-16M hole off, and Linux 2.2
can see past it.

But it still won't see past the int-15/88 limit of 64M if your bios doesn't
support e801 reporting.

Nathan