Re: RAM Problem

From: Mark Hahn (hahn@coffee.psychology.mcmaster.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 12:02:07 EST

> When the setting is changed to NON OS2, my computer only recognises 14 MB of
> RAM. But When OS2 is selected, the computer recognises all 192 MB (if I have
> the mem=192M parameter appened).

as I recall, this setting creates a hole between 15 and 16M,
which I further recall had something to do with 286/AT adressing
(remember that OS2 was originally targetted at a PC/AT with 12 Mhz 286...)

I suspect this "feature" of OS2 is long gone, so the correct setting
should always be non-OS2.

regards, mark hahn.