Re: vger rejecting messages from mediaone (ORBS is evil)

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 13:36:40 EST

> almost since it's inception. They are also blocking above.net which hosts VA
> linux systems, linux.com, Ebay, etc. Dave Rand (founder of Above.net and author
> of the free MRTG software) is violently anti-spam. Above.net is being blocked by

Then he should fix his open relays. Sorry I _get_ (got nowdays I use orbs)
spam from above.net. There are over a hundred open relays on above.net from
the database. A quick test by a #linux user found that above.net's main mail
machine appeared to relaying when fed the old <"user@domain"@domain> chestnut

> Basically, ORBS is run by a megalomaniac who wants to force his views on others.

How can someone force their views with an opt in service.

Alan