sendfile() ignores SIGPIPE handler?

From: Steinar H. Gunderson (sgunderson@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 20:30:19 EST

Hi,

I'm doing an FTP server application (the last problem I had
was solved very well by the list -- thanks), and I've run into
a problem. I use sendfile() to send the packets wherever
possible, and since I don't want my application crashing all
the time, I ignore SIGPIPE. However, if the SIGPIPE occurs
inside sendfile(), it isn't properly ignored. I've tried doing
a sigblock() and adding a real signal handler -- nothing helps.
I'm currently running Linux kernel version 2.2.14 and glibc
2.1.2.

Since I don't follow linux-kernel, I'd appreciate if any
replies were Cc'ed to me.

Thanks,

/* Steinar */

--