Re: Xircom PCMCIA

From: Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 04:52:29 EST

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 12:43:54AM +0100, Karsten Keil wrote:

> Yes, this work (the serial part and the GSM part) serial.o is your friend.

No it does not, at least not here, and neither with pcmcia-cs nor with the
kernel-based code. The first one claims to work, but i can not access the
Modem after initialization. The second one fails to allocate all resources
(detailed report is about to get shot in Linus' direction today...)

> I don't know anything about the ISDN part, please drop me a note if it works
> or not. For the docu you need windows, its in windows help files :-(

I know. But since i need windows for now to watch DVD's and to play Alpha
Centauri, there is a W98SE installation on my notebook as well. ;-)
Shouldn't be to difficult to get a help2info converter so. The file format
is documented after all.

Dominik