Unexpected IRQ vector 58 on CPU#1

From: Christian Sangohn (sango-ch@reze-1.rz.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 12:08:28 EST

Hello!

Since kernel 2.2.5 I get the message "Unexpected IRQ vector 58 on
CPU#1" on my console, mostly when making "heavy" compilation (e.g.
make -j3 bzImage) on my SMP-machine. Sometimes it@s also "Unexpected
IRQ vector 74 on CPU#1". In the past it hasn@t been a problem since
the machine was completing it job fine.
But since 2.2.13, it sometimes happend that the machine freezes (As I
said mostly when compiling, especially with multiple jobs). After the
reboot I couldn@t find any trace for an error in the log files so
it@s not possible to give details about what happening juast before
the machine freezes. At least I con provide informations about the
hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-585DX with onboard SCSI-Chip AIC7880
CPUs: two Intel Pentium 233MMX
RAM: 64 MB PS/2

Can someone help (somehow?)

TIA