Bridge

From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf@wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 04:56:48 EST

Hello

Is there any plans on integrating the bride-firewall patch or
something similar into the bridge?

As the name says, it enables you to use normal firewall rules on the
bridge (chain name: bridgein), but it also enables you to use CBQ to limit
the bandwidth that passes thru the bridge.

I think it would be very nice to be able to set up a transparent firewall
and bandwidthlimiter "out of the box" so to say.

I haven't looked at the code much (and I don't know so much programming)
so I don't know if the solution in the bride-firewall patch is neat and
clean.

But I like the idea, to create a new chain for the bridge. It's useful if
you want to have a box with several nic's, and some of them are used for a
bridge with firewall, and others are used for normal routing also with
firewall but with a diffrent set of rules.

/Martin

PS. I can live with the patch not being included in the kernel, I can
always patch.

The three best things about going to school are June, July, and August.