2.3.* and PCMCIA

From: Nils Faerber (Nils.Faerber@unix-ag.org)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 17:03:30 EST

Hello!
Just a silly question, for sure I missed something here, but how is PCMCIA
support supposed o work with 2.3.*?
I see that most of the PCMCIA code is now intergrated into the vanilla
kernels which is the absolutely correct way. In fact I was waiting for this
step since PCMCIA existed. Anyway, now that the kernel holds the drivers
where do I get the supporting programs like cardmgr? The latest pcmcia
package (3.1.8) does not compile with 2.3.39. Or do I not need cardmgr
anymore?
And what has happened to all the other drivers that were once included
especially the ide_cs driver. I could need that one for compact flash access
via the PCMCIA adapter.
Any help is welcome ;)

Apart from that: NICE!
Cardbus is now working perfectly well, only one interrupt is used now,
serial and ethernet drivers run fine ;)

Thanks!
CU
  nils