eepro100 with 2.2.14, and 2.3.39 slot problem ! ( BUG?)

From: Andrej Todosic (atodosic@ubisoft.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:23:27 EST

hello everyone ,

i just reread the whole thread and saw someone say he moved the card from a
shared isa/pci
slot to another and it fixed the problem
Just worked for me .

this means there is a specific situation localised to A machine which is
reproduced
only when a card is in a shared slot .

In my case it is a tyan fx mb with a pii266
but i also reproduced the problem on a asus p2b-f

anyways this should be fixed if it is software fixable.

I have a firewall, running 3 ethernet cards and one scsi card on a 5 pci
slot motherboard .

Now with this i have no choice but to put the scsi card on the shared slot ,

since you should never use the first pci slot if you have an agp card in .
thats the machine with the asus p2bf in my case .
I actually realised the problem was the slot when i read the mail and
remembered only 1 out of 3 eepro's was behaving.

comments ?

Does anyone need any more info on this ? I ll be glad to provide .

PS whoever has the problem with 2214/15pre should check this as i am
convinced slot change ( if appropriate )
should fix it for now.

Andrej

epro100.c:v1.09j 7/27/99 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html
eth0: Intel PCI EtherExpress Pro100 at 0xc8802000, 00:90:27:55:34:95, IRQ 9.
  Receiver lock-up bug exists -- enabling work-around.
  Board assembly 721383-006, Physical connectors present: RJ45
  Primary interface chip i82555 PHY #1.
  General self-test: passed.
  Serial sub-system self-test: passed.
  Internal registers self-test: passed.
  ROM checksum self-test: passed (0x04f4518b).
eepro100.c:v1.09j 7/27/99 Donald Becker
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/eepro100.html

Andrej Todosic
Administrateur Reseau et Systemes