/proc/bus/pci Question

From: Steven Ness (sness@stormix.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 17:08:16 EST

Hi,

On my system, in /proc/bus/pci, there are two directories, "00" and "01",
I assume these represent the first and second PCI busses on my system.
My question is, what do the files in these directories do?

Also, a possibly related question: Is there any way to get the
pci_devices dev->class field from userspace? I notice that the new
/proc/bus/pci/devices file has a lot of information, but doesn't include
the class type (e.g. Storage, Video). I see that this information is
present in /proc/pci, but my understanding is that /proc/pci is
obsolete. Any easy way to get this information?

Thanks,

Steven
sness@stormix.com