PCMCIA in recent dev. kernels?

From: Leeuw van der, Tim (tim.leeuwvander@nl.unisys.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 08:03:44 EST

Hello,

I don't want to inspire flames from anyone, but I'm wondering if there's
anyone who _does_ have a working pcmcia in the recent 2.3.x kernels.

I get an undefined symbol dead_socket error in module i82365 (typing from
memory, I prolly have the name slightly wrong, sorry!). I solved this by
adding MODULE_SYMBOL(dead_socket) to cs.c (or something to this very effect
at least, don't have it here at hand now) and this fixes the unresolved
symbol error. I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but it anyways
doesn't make pcmcia work because now I get the error that device or resource
is busy, when I try to load that module.

I'd be happy help debugging the problem if someone tells me what to do,
where to look or how to patch the kernel to get more info out of it :-) I
don't always have much time but at least I should soon have internet at home
again which makes things easier!

--Tim :-)