Linux on Sony Vaio C1NX ?

From: Thomas Waldmann (ThomasWaldmann@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 05:14:42 EST

Hi,

sorry, this is not 100% kernel related, but I just thought / heard that maybe
some of you have such a geek toy ;-)

Please reply via personal email if you think it would be too off-topic.

The question is if Linux runs happily on such a beast (itīs the current
model: subnotebook with Celeron-266, 64MB, 6.4GB HDD, built-in camera, (USB?)
FDD, Jog Dial).

I already searched the internet, but I do only find some stuff on the Vaio C1
(the older pentium-mmx model - which is [maybe!?] quite different).

Does somebody out there use a C1NX ?

Does linux kernel and related tools support
- the [unknown] USB chipset in it ?
- the [unknown] firewire chipset in it ?
- the [unknown] sound chip in it ?
- the [unknown] IrDa chip in it ?
- SONY MPEG-1 (is this a hardware MPEG device or some MPEG-SW ?)
- the camera (attached via some [unknown] bus or chip) ?

Does XFree86 support the [unknown] graphics chip ?

If anybody has informations on the chips and/or whether they run with Linux
or not, please tell me - I donīt wanna buy a $$$$ computer just to find out
that it maybe doesnīt run Linux well.

Thomas