Re: 2GB limit?

From: Pedro M. Rodrigues (pmanuel@myrealbox.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 12:36:51 EST

  Well, there is something fishy there. In any stable linux kernel the
maximum file size is 2GB, limited at the VFS layer. I can only
imagine that a) Redhat patched their kernel with some LFS (large
file support) patches that were around b) DB2 is either raw
accessing disk devices or spreading tables in several files (i'm
inclined to the later).

Regards,

Pedro Rodrigues