Re: 2GB limit?

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 14:17:58 EST

In <Pine.LNX.4.10.10001271228290.3229-100000@defender.tetronsoftware.com> Gene Harris (zeus@defender.tetronsoftware.com) wrote:
> Well, it doesn't smell fishy here! *grin*

It is.

> I am running RedHat Professional 6.1 with Secure Web Server right out of
> the box. They didn't say anything about patches. And I seriously doubt
> that DB2 is using raw disk access on their personal edition.

Exactly. But are you sure that there are exist files > 2GiB in size ?
Do you can show us ls of such directory ? RedHat 6.1 (not pro) does not
support such files and it'll be really surprising if RedHat 6.1 pro does
this. Perhaps DB2 just spreading tables in several files (pretty natural
thing to do in fact) or something like that.

> * Gene Harris http://www.tetronsoftware.com *
> * Tetron Software, LLC *
> * All ORBS scans are blocked. *