scsi module starts kernel thread - insmod stays running in 'ps'

From: Matt_Domsch@Dell.com
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 11:31:04 EST

I'm working with a vendor on a SCSI adapter driver. The adapter starts a
kernel thread after it's detected it's hardware. When the module is loaded,
the 'insmod driver.o' command returns, but 'insmod driver.o' remains visible
when running 'ps auxgw'. If this module is loaded in an initrd, the initrd
cannot be unmounted cleanly.

Can anyone suggest a reason why the 'insmod driver.o' returns, but is still
running? Please respond to my email as well, as I read the -digests.

Thanks,
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com>
Dell Computer Corp.
ESG Linux Development