smbfs bug?

From: Petr Sebor (petr@scssoft.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 12:16:26 EST

Hello,

I started to use smbfs recently and experienced several problems on
i586, 2.2.15pre2 :

when I run this tiny script:

#!/bin/bash
mount -t smbfs -o password=xyzzy //win/d /mnt/d
mount -t smbfs -o password=xyzzy //win/f /mnt/f

I get an error message:

Can't get /etc/mtab~ lock filesmbmnt failed: 1

mounting the disk sequentially by manually typing the mount commands
on the console does always work. ( this could be a problem of smbmount
though
- I am not sure about this one )

the disk is however sucessfully mounted as I can see it from /proc/mounts

Second problem arrived quite shortly ( and isn't related to the mount
problem )
I am getting IO errors when copying large files over the smbfs. IO error
pops up
after ~2MB are copied from smbfs to smbfs.

Does it sound familar ?

Regards,
Petr

--