Re: pre2.3.41-4 fails compile (ide.c) i486 w/no pci

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 20:39:32 EST

Stub goes into ./include/linux/ide.h

And the rest of the ./drivers/block/idexxx.c code where needed.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >
> > Alan I am working a way to prevent this from happening again.
> > This is the second IDE PCI issue that has bitten me.......
> > So I hunting to add stubs around the pci dependemces.
>
> It's a bug pure and simple, and an easily fixable one at that.
>
> If you look at pci.h, you will see that there already exists stubs for
> the !CONFIG_PCI case, so adding stubs would be duplication...
>
> Jeff
>

> --
> Jeff Garzik | See you at Linux Expo in Paris!
> Building 1024 |
> MandrakeSoft, Inc. |

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

THE USE OF EMAIL FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL
MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED UNDER FEDERAL LAW (47 USC 227). Violations may
result in civil penalties and claims of $500.00 PER OCCURRENCE
(47 USC 227[c]). Commercial spam WILL be forwarded to postmasters.