Re: Keyboard is frozen on boot of 2.3.41

From: Michael Neuffer (neuffer@alpha.mz.rhein-main.de)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 08:59:58 EST

* Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com) [000129 09:30]:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Miles Lane wrote:
> >
> > This is a reminder that this bug still exists.
> > I have seen others mention it with earlier kernel
> > 2.3.4x releases and I have been hitting it for
> > about a week and a half.
>
> Hmm. Somebody else reported a problem with keyboards and USB enabled. I
> know you had USB on earlier, can you check that?
>
> In fact, I have a few reports from you that seem to imply that the same
> kernel sources have worked for you or not, depending on exact
> configuration options. One of the differences I see in your previous
> working/nonworking setup (using 2.3.38) is that a previous try with USB
> enabled caused problems, while USB off worked.
>
> Worth at least verifying,

I can see the same effect here as well on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 7000).
USB beeing enabled or disabled in the kernel makes no difference.

However accessing /dev/psaux with gpm or the XServer results in a
keyboard/mouse lockup with the following error message:

Jan 29 13:46:22 schlepflop kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

Logging into the machine and killing the processes results in a properly
working keyboard.

Mike