2.3.41 - tcp lo interface very slow

From: Graham Murray (graham@barnowl.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 11:31:18 EST

On upgrading from 2.3.40 to 2.3.41, the speed of tcp on the loopback
interface has fallen dramatically. I noticed it particularly when
connecting to INN on the local system. netstat -to shows a large
(approx 45k) Send-Q almost continuously after data transfer has
started and data is only transferring at about 2 or Kbytes/sec.

The transfer rates on ppp (I do not have a LAN connection) do not seem
to have changed.

It is consistent that if I boot into 2.3.41 then the loopback is
slow, and if I boot with 2.3.40 it is back to its normal very fast
rate.