Re: power managing maestro.c 0.14 available.

From: Jamie Lokier (lkd@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 18:14:56 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
> Well, that depends on whether the drive internally keeps the volume
> either at 0/0xff or the value we sent it. The one case I saw set the
> volume to 0xff for any volume setting, so in that case we can
> detect whether it honors the volume setting or not.

That would be the case when you'd send an "I'd like the volume set to
this please" request on the notifier chain. An audio driver which
implements that is expected to multiply the value in some reasonable way
with the traditional CD mixer input -- you still need master levels and
so on for the 0-100% range to map to sensible volumes, depending on the
sound card.

-- Jamie