Re: talkd

From: Mateus Cordeiro Inssa (mateus@ifnet.com.br)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 21:40:40 EST

kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru writes:
> Hello!
>
> > Jan 29 09:57:36 xar kernel: Remind Kuznetsov, he has to repair in.ntalkd
> > eventually
>
> I APOLOGIZE. This message is mainly for local INR folks, printed after
> someone removed previous version of this message and caused massive
> application breakage. 8)
>
> In your case you have not so much chances to find a Mr.Kuznetsov
> to repair this application, sed Kuznetsov to Debian and redirect
> the request to Debian.

  Hi,

  This message is printed by net/udp.c :

    if (usin->sin_family != AF_INET) {
         if (usin->sin_family != AF_UNSPEC)
               return -EINVAL;
         if (net_ratelimit())
            printk("Remind Kuznetsov, he has to repair %s eventually\n", current->comm);
    }

  I saw this messages too and what I discovered was:

1) Create an udp socket and bind it to a port and INADDR_ANY
2) Send a mensage to this socket from localhost
3) The first recvfrom returns the sockaddr with address (IP) equal 0
(not 127.0.0.1 or ethernet address) and replying to this request with
this sockaddr causes that printk .
4) Next recvfrom returns sockaddr right.

Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Linux User: 76186 Kernel: 2.3.40
ICQ (Licq): 15243895