Re: 2.3.41-4 / hda: lost interrupt

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 00:58:20 EST

That is because MicroSoft (aka SmallLimp) most likely sets up the APM
wrt to IDE and may do a protective area write to the drive.
Since Linux avoids this practice until I get the full scope, then we still
will not do it, you take your chances on the DUAL boot.

Send the contents of 'lspci -bxxxvv > linux.pci' with a linux boot, then...
send the contents of 'lspci -bxxxvv > linux.98.pci' after a M$ boot first.

I expect that something is set and I may be able to clear it.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Maciej Zeczykowski wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, David Dyck wrote:
>

> > twice now while 2.3.41-4 was doing fsck's during bootup
> > I have received the message
> > hda: lost interrupt
> >
> I have a Satellite 2590 CDT (Toshiba) with no extra harware
> running Red Hat 6.1 (kernel 2.2.12 I believe), all works ok, except
> when dual booted to DOS (from Win98) and then ctrl+alt+deled (warm
> reboot), after this lilo boots and starts loading linux, after a timeout
> of course - and this is when I start getting lost interrupts.
> Suspending the machine does not work. The only solution to this problem
> is to shutdown linux, turn of the notebook. And reboot from an off state.
> All then works normally. Any ideas?
>

> -

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

THE USE OF EMAIL FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL
MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED UNDER FEDERAL LAW (47 USC 227). Violations may
result in civil penalties and claims of $500.00 PER OCCURRENCE
(47 USC 227[c]). Commercial spam WILL be forwarded to postmasters.