Re: Intel i810 chipset and IDE..

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 02:43:23 EST

You have to use my ATA-66 patch code on linux.kernel.org for 2.2.X.
2.3.41 has this added.

http://linux.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/

Note that ./old/ has the 2.2.14 code.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Kedar Patankar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, sorry if
> that's not the case. I would appreciate if anyone can point me to the
> proper forum.
> OK, the thing is I have an Intel i810 chipset based motherboard,
> with Pentium-II @400MHz running RH 6.1 stock.
> The mobo manual claims that it has ATA-66 IDE controller on-board.
> Linux works fine with it (kernel 2.2.12 and 2.2.14). But when I do hdparm
> -t /dev/hda, I get barely 4 MB/sec when use_dma, 32 bit IO and multicount
> are off. When I do hdparm -c1 -d1 -m16 /dev/hda, I do see a noticable
> speed increase, but after that if I do hdparm -t /dev/hda, I keep getting
> more or less chaotic results, with the throughput varying anywhere between
> 5 MB/sec to 18 MB/sec.
> Any ideas as to why should this happen? Am I doing anything wrong?
> Thanx a lot for your time. I hope someone will help me figure out what's
> going on in my machine...
>
> Regards,
> Kedar.
>

> -

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

THE USE OF EMAIL FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL
MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED UNDER FEDERAL LAW (47 USC 227). Violations may
result in civil penalties and claims of $500.00 PER OCCURRENCE
(47 USC 227[c]). Commercial spam WILL be forwarded to postmasters.