[2.3.41] Possible memory corruption

From: Byron Stanoszek (gandalf@winds.org)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 13:24:45 EST

Under 2.3.41, 2 hours ago, I wasn't able to load netscape up in X-Windows. I
gdb'd the core file and it reported a crash due to Illegal Instruction. I ran
netscape from under gdb and it booted up fine. Then 2 hours later, after
closing down netscape, a 'telnet' session that I had open for 11 hours from
the night prior just crashed with a segfault after a minute of typing.

I switched back to 2.3.40 just now to see if the problem persists, but I
haven't seen anything like this since some of the old 2.1 kernels. It doesn't
look to be swap related since I've always had 0 bytes used in swap space
throughout the problematic period.

Running Cyrix 6x86 120MHz, 96MB ram.

---
Byron Stanoszek <gandalf@winds.org>