Re: 2.3.41 and TNT2 fbcon

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 10:00:51 EST

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Lawrence Manning wrote:
> In 2.3.41 my console is very dark (half brigtness, I think). Heres my

Known problem. Fixed in next version, hopefully released sometime at or
after Linux Expo in Paris.

> I also noticed that the penguin is on a white strip in 2.3, but in 2.2 the
> area to the right of him is black. BTW, what sets which penguin is shown?
> In 2.2.14 the penguin is drinking some beer :-) but in 2.3 he's the
> regular penguin.

mmmmm. beeer.

You see the beer icon in 16-color mode I think, with the regular penguin
in 256-color mode. Alex Buell even has a penguin smoking a spliff, if
you want such an icon :)

> Any ideas? FBcon works great in 2.2.14.

fbcon might work great, but rivafb isn't available in 2.2.x...

        Jeff