2.3.4[1-2] network strangeness?

From: Bob_Tracy (rct@gherkin.sa.wlk.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 09:41:45 EST

For kernel versions 2.3.41 and 2.3.42 (thus far), there are two l-o-n-g
pauses during the boot sequence on my machine when network services are
being started. "syslogd" takes approximately a minute to start, and "rwhod"
isn't much better. I had reported earlier that the machine hung while
trying to start "syslogd" under 2.3.41: that was incorrect (I wasn't patient
enough). Got the idea to try waiting on it from other people who were
reporting long startup times for various network-related programs.

Hope this helps someone track down the problem.

--Bob Tracy
rct@wlk.com