Re: Need kernel patch

From: Michael Meskes (michael@fam-meskes.de)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 11:17:24 EST

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 11:09:03AM +0100, Gianluca Anzolin wrote:
> Probably (if you use a 2.2 kernel) you're looking for the ip_masq_portfw &

I do use this to forward port 21 from the firewall to the ftp server.
[BTW does it suffice to use ip_masq_portfw and ipchains REDIRECT option to
call a transparent proxy or do I have to rewrite URLs for web access?]

> ip_masq_mfw modules. You must get ipmasqadm to set them up; the URL (which
> is wrong on the Changes file) is

I do have ipmasqadm but I never used ip_masq_mfw. Isn't this used to forward
packages if they are marked by ipchains?

I doubt this will help a lot since upon receiving "PASV" the server responds
with his IP number and a port number where it expects the client to connect.
With this IP number being an internal number the client cannot do this.

Michael

Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!