Re: hda: lost interrupt

From: Daniel Roesen (droesen@home.ivm.de)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 15:35:42 EST

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 08:15:02PM +0000, Steve Tooke wrote:
> hdb: ST34321A, 4103MB w/128kB Cache, CHS=8894/15/63

THIS is interesting.

We had same problems with two absolutely different machines, both equipped with
a single Seagate ST34311A drive. Different mainboards, different kernels (2.2
series), different eth hardware (RealTek and 3c905B), both non-SMP.

I once traced this down in the IDE driver (see archives for the thread) and it
was about a timeout giving the drive time to report activity completion to the
driver. If I raised the timeout, errors got fewer.

This seems to be a problem with ST343* series. Can anyone confirm, that this
drive is a common denominator to the story?

Best regards,
Daniel