Re: how does kernel get the "current" task struct?

From: Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 10:04:01 EST

"H. Peter Anvin" wrote:
> Wrong. It's %esp with a whole bunch of bits *MASKED*. This works
> because the per-task area -- which includes the kernel stack -- is 8K
> in size and aligned on an 8K boundary.

Could you check the buddy allocator?
I think that the zoned buddy allocator aligns memory allocations
relative to the beginning of the zone, and not relative to the physical
address.

I.e. if a zone starts at 0x00001000, then an 8K allocation will be
unaligned. This could be a problem for CONFIG_DISCONTIG_MEM computers
[normal i386 zones start at 0, 16MB, 4GB --> no alignment problems]

--
	Manfred