Re: probably problem with "lo" interface (Re: Strange problem with 2.3.42)

From: Daniel.Egger@suse.de
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 12:52:32 EST

On 2 Feb, David S. Miller wrote:

> It's actually pretty easy once if you can get a shell on the machine
> before the event, once you know the program in question:

> mv /path/to/${PROGRAM} /path/to/${PROGRAM}.ORIG
> edit /path/to/${PROGRAM}
> #!/bin/sh
> strace -f -o /tmp/${PROGRAM}.trace /path/to/${PROGRAM}.ORIG $*

 I followed the advise to compile a new util-linux package and this did
 the trick. I made a copy of the old login version before so I could find the
 problem. Unfortunately now even the backupped version works better than
 before i.e. it doesn't loop forever anymore but just a few minutes....

 Anyway I added an strace (It was quite a lot hacking work to get
 strace-3.1 to compile, a more recent version anyone?)...

--

Servus, Daniel