Re: stuck on TLB IPI wiat

From: Tony E. Bennett (tbennett@nvidia.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 19:09:43 EST

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale <arnaud@carrosse.frmug.org> writes:

> > > Should I be worried that
> > > my hardware is dead/dying or is it more likely to be a software problem?
> > >
> > It's more likely to be a hardware problem.
>
> Not necessarily. Reiserfs is known to trigger such errors on smp
> systems.

I'm seeing this on my driver on 'close'; when I vfree my 32M PCI space
it happens 90% of the time on 2 cpu SMP system. No apparent ill effect
yet.

Would sure like to figure out what is making it happen tho. Thought
at first that other cpu interrupts might be off when it happened, but
apparently not. At least, when kdb stops at a breakpoint on the printk
the other cpu has ints enabled.

kernel version 2.2.12

--tony