Re: kernel read/write question

From: Christopher A. Baumbauer (cab105@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 16:29:45 EST

Greetings,

I would like to thank Stephen, Laslo and Andreas for
the links and info about e2compr, but I already knew
about the patch. If I understand the patch correcly,
it works by setting a permission bit to determine if a
file is to be compressed, and if the file is a
directory, then all new files are compressed (if I'm
wrong, let me know). My intention is to mount a
filesystem where everything is compressed, except for
the files already compressed. An example would be a
directory or file move and having it already
compressed without having to set additional bits or
remembering to set the compression bit each time I
mount a disk. I'm not sure if that helps any.

Ciao

=====
Christopher A. Baumbauer
cab105@yahoo.com