Re: 2.2.15pre5: still very unstable

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 21:40:31 EST

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Manfred Spraul wrote:

>there is no error handling! If gfp() return NULL, then __pollwait() will

That's a completly orthogonal issue not related to the !TASK_RUNNING
discussed issue. While I checked the code myself I only verifyed the
effect of returning in TASK_RUNNING state from GFP and indeed select is
robust against that.

select is instead not rubust if GFP returns NULL and that's a completly
different thing ;)).

So basically your patch was not fixing the bug you was thinking about, but
it was incidentally and perfectly fixing another completly unrelated bug,
fun ;). Thanks for noticing this.

Andrea