Re: SCSI Makefile cleanup

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 13:41:19 EST

> This patch reworks drivers/scsi/Makefile to use lists instead of
> conditionals. I believe this idea is originally due to Michael Chastain.

Be very careful not to change the link order. You'll notice 2.3.x sound
recently changed a little explicitly because of this. if you re-order
the object files (eg sorting them) then you change the init order, and you
end up initialising boards in the wrong order, causing AHA1542 to grab
buslogic cards etc

Alan