Re: SCSI Makefile cleanup

From: david parsons (orc@pell.portland.or.us)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 17:49:04 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> david parsons wrote:
> > Jeff Garzik wrote:

> > > I imagine "need()" would
> > > have to be some sort of trigger which ld (or a pre-ld script) uses to
> > > figure out the link order for the static kernel image?

> > That would work better than what I was thinking about: [...]

> Different magic would be needed for depmod/kmod though, possibly just a
> generic module parm exported and processed in userspace.

    I'd be tempted to just leave the modules they way they work now,
    because in most cases module loading lets you shoot yourself in the
    foot (except, for no apparent reason, ethernet modules, where a lot
    of 'em won't autoprobe because The Computer Knows What's Best.
    Sigh.) today, and someone may actually want to take advantage of
    one module stepping all over anothers address space.

                  ____
    david parsons \bi/ Trust noone. Keep your laser handy.
                   \/